Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Cruiseworld 2017 - Pre Cruiseworld - 11/14/17


CruiseWorld 2017
Pre Cruiseworld - 11-14-17


As you probably have already guessed it, I was pretty excited to get up this morning to get on my flight for Cruiseworld in Fort Lauderdale.  I have been waiting in anticipation and I was pretty pumped to get as much information out of being a STAR participant, including seeing my fellow travel colleagues. 

With that said, the flight on Southwest was excellent with a slight turbulence problem, however, it didn’t last very long.  I also arrived early at around 11:30 AM and I was able to hook up with another travel agent, Steve Lane, so that we could get a Lift car together to the Hotel.  The ride was not that expensive ($12.34) and about 10 minutes away from the Hotel.  The Hotel has shuttle service but it costs $16 each way. 

When we got to the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina, I was able to check in however my room was not ready.  In the meantime, I was waiting for Kimberly Avila, my “jersey girl,” to arrive at the hotel so that we can have rooms near each other.  It’s great when you have good relationships with fellow travel agents and you’re able to share a lot of different ideas and brainstorm. 

When Kimberly arrived, I was so excited!  She is a very fun, vivacious, sassy girl with a flair for style.  She has a wonderful persona and energy that is contagious.  I’m so glad to know her and to be able to spend time with her at Cruiseworld.

Later during the day, at around 3:00PM, the rooms had still not been ready for both Kim and myself so we decided to walk over to the Fort Lauderdale Convention Center (where Cruiseworld was taking place) to check in as STAR participants.  Not too many people were there yet as Cruiseworld has not started.  We got our badges, reading material, and some great chachkas! 

After we stayed for a few minutes and realized there was nothing else we needed to do, we went back to the Hotel and finally checked into our rooms.  Now since we know that everything at a Hotel is extremely expensive, there was a Walgreens down the block.  Score!  Kim and I took a walk down to Walgreens and took a Lift car back because we had a case of water and some other stuff that was well worth buying, that we were not going to carry back to the Hotel.  Too heavy! 

We get back to the hotel and there we were welcomed by the general manager (who I knew through booking clients with her for the Hotel) and Carlos, the bell captain.  He saw me carrying the case of water and was nice enough to take it for me up to the hotel room while they served Kim and I rum punch in the lobby and welcomed us back.  That was definitely a treat especially since it was very hot outside. 

Here are some pictures of the hotel room:

      

After getting our things settled in the room, we headed towards poolside to the “G-Bar” to get something to eat.  We saw Steve Lane again and, a special guest, Mark Stone the “Cruise Captain.”  (Please keep in mind that all people that I mentioned here are travel agents that I have known for quite some time.)  I think as with any industry, the people that you know in the same field tend to be close to you or your mentors.  In the travel industry, you meet thousands of people but only a few become close and memorable colleagues and friends.

Now back at the "G-Bar", Kimberly and I had a blast!  Brendan, our bartender, and Jonathan, our server were very delightful, fun, and made us laugh.  If you do get a chance to go down to the “G-Bar” you must hook up with these two.  They are a unique pair and make your visit very pleasurable.  The food was good, a little on the expensive side, but very filling.

After having dinner and a few drinks, Kim and I headed back towards the rooms to hangout for a little while.  We definitely got a lot of brainstorming, great ideas, and a strategy in place for tomorrow.  What a surprise to me when I arrived in my room to find this!  Very nice welcome gift from Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina!  They are a great hotel and they always take care of my clients when I book them.  

For those of you who are not familiar with how Cruiseworld is, it’s not all fun and games.  There is a lot of work involved and a lot of walking.  I don’t mind the exercise, I actually welcome it.  In addition, I’m hoping that I learn even more so than when I did my last two times I participated in the STAR program (2014 & 2015) with more benefits to my clients on their vacations and that it shows in their memorable experiences I make for them.  Our clients are very important to us as we always treat them like family.  I believe that we realize our clients are making an investment in something that lasts for a lifetime, and it is our job as your travel guru, to keep you always wanting to come back for more and to feel confident in using us as your preferred Travel Agency.

We are not here at Cruiseworld to “Party,” we are here to improve ourselves, for our clients, to benefit them in the end and get the most for them.  The internet will NEVER do that for you nor will they have any experienced Travel Agent helping you, only SALES people caring about the “old mighty dollar.”

Keep that in mind when you are researching your vacation and looking for an experienced professional!  The companies, cruise lines, suppliers, wholesalers, and other businesses support us and so should you.

Stay tuned for tomorrows highlights of Cruiseworld – Day 1!



Don't forget to follow us on Facebook and Twitter
LIVE feed!

Please feel free to comment as I would love to hear from you. 

#maralohatvl, #dedicatedtravelagent, #WeExist, #Cruiseworld2017, #cruises, #vacation, #fun 

No comments:

Post a Comment