Friday, November 3, 2017

Jet Blue Airlines October 2017

Jet Blue Review


Here we go with another trip to New York, however this time, I played it smart!  One of my favorite airlines is Jet Blue.  Why you say?  Well, let me explain:

First, Jet Blue is very easy to deal with on the phone, in person at the airport, or online.  The staff are very helpful and after booking my ticket online, I called to see if I can get a seat up front (called "Even More Space") because of medical reasons.  Obviously, you have to call Jet Blue in order to get that privilege and I don't suggest that people do that unless absolutely necessary.  However, it is there should you need it.  I was able to secure a seat up front and see all of my information through their app.  The pricing for the ticket was a little on the expensive side, however, if you check every Tuesday, they do have specials on flights to certain destinations and if you book the flight at least 2 months in advance.  Just go to the Jet Blue website for more information.

Jet Blue flies to many different locations and quite frequently and keep expanding their destinations every year.  Unfortunately for me, they only have one flight into Westchester County and one going back to Tampa so I am pretty limited.  However, if you didn't need to fly into Westchester County, they do have a few flights to LGA and JFK.

So I got to the Tampa International Airport (without checking the flight) and found out that my flight was delayed about an hour.  I decided to relax and grab some grub and a drink to relax.

Boarding was a breeze and my seat was very spacious.  Of course, just like every airline, they have a menu of things to choose from, snacks, drinks and some chachkas (aka Blankets, Earphones, etc.) for purchase.  In addition, they have DirectTV and Sirus XM Radio.  As an added bonus and to keep in contact with loved ones, they have onboard wi-fi called Fly-Fi.  You can go live on Facebook, post, email, etc. for free on any flight!  

A while back, Jet Blue used to not charge you for your first checked bag.  However, now they give you the option when you book your flight to pay for it with your purchase of the flight.  (Click here for more info).  That was a little disappointing, but I didn't have to worry as I did not have to check any bags.  The flight was comfortable and no turbulence coming into Westchester.  

On the way back from Westchester County traveling to Tampa, again, the security check-in was a breeze.  Westchester County Airport is very convenient when flying to New York.  It is in a nice area, easy to get to, and has a great history behind it.  I have lived in Westchester most of my life so coming back for just a short visit was nice.  

Boarding the plane was easy too.  Since I was sitting in the first row, there was a lady next to me.  The other side of the first row was empty.



So I asked the flight attendant if I could sit there.  He was very pleasant and let me sit on the other side of the plane.  (I switched seats as the lady sitting next to me was pretty rude to me).  


It was gorgeous weather for flying and I got some really nice aerial pictures of our flight taking off from Westchester County.

 

OVERALL: I love Jet Blue and is one of my favorite airlines! I would highly recommend taking them whether for a short trip or a long one. They are one of the best airlines around, but wish the pricing would be cheaper. It is definitely worth it!

Please feel free to comment as I would love to hear from you.

Click here for more recent Airline reviews!

Subscribe to our Blog Page and Don't forget to follow us on LinkedinFacebook and Twitter LIVE feed!

No comments:

Post a Comment