Wednesday, November 11, 2015

CruiseWorld 2015 - Pre Event 11/10/15

CruiseWorld 2015
Pre Event Day 11/10/15

Here you have it, my new venture, writing a travel post!  I know that everyone does it but for some it is easy, for others it is not.  I just happen to be one of them.  However, you can't learn until you try right?  Well here it goes.  I was searching for a way to create a connection with not only people close to me but everyone I know so that the posts I create tell you my own life and adventures of being a travel agent and my own personal experiences I encounter on my trips.  Some would be able to relate, some not.  However, its still experiences, whether my own or something similar that we can all relate to.  This post is going to be one of many this week so get your coffee and be prepared!  It is exciting for me to share it with you and hope you enjoy it as well and learn from my experiences!

Leaving Tampa:
As most of you know, I moved from New York to Tampa with my boyfriend JC Viper.  So being able to drive to Fort Lauderdale and always being in sunny weather rather than the cold of New York is a definite treat!  One hiccup though.. we have two dogs and one of them we call "Star" has been whining every night for the past 3 months at all wee hours of the day and night, where we only get about 2 hours sleep, if we are lucky that is.  So, being have baked and extremely tired, JC and I pulled an all nighter thinking that we could get up in an hour or so to get some odds and ends done and head to Fort. Lauderdale for CruiseWorld. Well.. that didn't happen.

We definitely woke up late and made a bad judgement call.  Something I hate more than anything in this world is being late.  People who know me understand that I am a stickler for time.  With that said, we finally, after some odds and ends that had to get done, left Tampa at 12:10pm and of course, on Interstate 75, we hit traffic!  To make matters worse, we get the idiot drivers who love to cut off people and make life difficult to drive anywhere as they go SOOO slow, especially the ambulances where there is really no emergency.   Admit it, you all know the type and what I am talking about.  However, a plus on our side, we did make it just in the nick of time!  We arrived around 4:30pm, checked into CruiseWorld at the Convention Center, and went back to the hotel to check into our room.

Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina:
I have to extend a special thanks to everyone at the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina as the room and service are superb! The room (as posted on my personal Facebook page and Maraloha Travel's page), is gorgeous, especially the balcony with the view!  (A much needed luxury for JC and I as we don't have that at home, yet any peace without Star crying every night is a blessing!) and got a little welcome gift from our Area Manager!  I personally had the pleasure of meeting him last year and CruiseWorld and he was kind enough to extend something to me this year at CruiseWorld.  I would definitely, even if I didn't have the pleasure of knowing him or the staff at Hilton, stay at this Hotel.  Not only for the convenience of being only steps away from the Convention Center but the overall service and beauty of the hotel.  It is beautiful and the service staff is very accommodating.  They have done an outstanding job to make sure that we are always well taken care of.  




Water Taxi:
After getting ourselves settled in, we decided to take the Water Taxi to Stop 1 for a little grub at Tilted Kilt.   The Water Taxi was a good idea to get around the local fare and see Fort Lauderdale's 'richer' side of things.  We saw some beautiful yachts, homes, and Riverfront properties that you would not be able to see by car or bus and really enjoyed the staff's narration of history behind home and yacht.  



Tilted Kilt:
After a 10 minute Water Taxi ride, we got to the Tilted Kilt only a few steps from the Riverfront waterway.  The servers were in their mid teens, early 20's and had some great outfits!  I know JC loved it and so did I, just wish I could fit into one of those outfits!  The food was good and the atmosphere was very lively.  We ordered the Margarita Flat-bread appetizer which was very fresh.  I also had a chichen salad and JC had some wings.  He is a 'wing' man expert and said that they could have been a little better but overall, he did enjoy it. ROFL!  My chicken salad was a little spicy and battered, which I didn't care for but overall, it was ok.  Pricing was reasonable too.

After dinner at Tilted Kilt, we headed back onto the Water Taxi (last one at 9:20pm) and returned to the hotel to enjoy an after dinner drink at the hotel's Waterway bar.  Most, if not all, hotel guests were there enjoying some laughter, good food and drink. As the night was coming to a close, we decided to retire for the evening and head back to the hotel room.

That is where I am right now, writing this post as poor JC is sleeping.  

Well, its that time and we must get up early for CruiseWorld.  Looking forward to seeing my travel partners, getting some education, and having some fun.  This is going to be an experience.

Until tomorrow.....


Don't forget to follow us on Facebook and Twitter for live feed!

Please feel free to comment as I would love to hear from you.  Stay tuned for tomorrow's post adventure.....

#maralohatvl, #dedicatedtravelagent, #WeExist, #Cruiseworld2015, #cruises, #vacation, #fun  



#maralohatvl

No comments:

Post a Comment